Friday, August 23, 2013

Linda Ronstadt's diagnosis ends her career

 

Parkinson's has left her unable to sing!!

I met this lady many, many years ago at Troubadours in L.A. and was fascinated with her. Am still connected with her one way or another and ask all, whoever you serve or believe in, to please pray for her.


One of the greatest female voices in music history has been silenced. Linda Ronstadt announced today that she has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and will never be able to sing again.

In this auto-tune world too many people haven't been exposed to true, great voices. Ronstadt helped define '70s and '80s rock with a voice pure and true. Not many singers would take on Roy Orbison ("Blue Bayou") or many of the other classics she covered, including "Desperado," "Someone to Lay Down Beside Me" and "You're No Good."

She revealed her condition on the AARP website today, saying "I couldn’t sing, and I couldn’t figure out why.... and it didn’t occur to me to go to a neurologist. I think I’ve had it for seven or eight years already, because of the symptoms that I’ve had. Then I had a shoulder operation, so I thought that’s why my hands were trembling."

The diagnosis was devastating.

“Parkinson’s is very hard to diagnose, so when I finally went to a neurologist and he said, ‘Oh, you have Parkinson’s disease,’ I was completely shocked. I wouldn’t have suspected that in a million, billion years." As a result, she said, she "can't sing a note."

“No one can sing with Parkinson’s disease,” Ronstadt said. “No matter how hard you try.”

No comments:

Post a Comment