Friday, May 3, 2013

About the time we believe our life is a SNAFU!

I see a story like this one. The devasting wildfires that wiped out Bastrop, Texas on Labor Day here in the U.S. a couple of years ago were tremendous. The government agency called FEMA came to the rescue with many families and businesses....for while! I realize there is only so long funding and aid can be available, unless you are good at playing the system and having 5 kids out of wedlock by five different men...LOL. This story throws me off center. There is a man who has lived in Bastrop all of his life and worked there as a teacher for 30 years. I will not name him for have no clearance or release to do this. Three months before the wildfire took all he had and owned..home, possessions and memories...he was laid off....after thirty years mind you. Then he was wiped out even more. FEMA provided him an 12x32 foot trailer for two and a haf years....just like with the Katrina victims. They are now calling in their "note" and wanting this man to pay $1500 a month or be evicted. He still has not found work and does not have the money. He has applied for the government assistance grant for the victims there, but has yet to here anything from them and when tries to get some answers, is given the normal runaround.
He has no choice but to pitch a tent on the property that he still owns and live there while waiting for some answer on the grant to rebuild.

On December 21st of the past year, his 25 year old son committed suicide in this same trailer due to depression...or so was reported.

About the time I think my problems are bigger than they really are, I am humbled with a story like this one and can do nothing but be thankful for the blessings that I do have. Is your life a SNAFU??? Maybe rethink this idea and realize what really could happen in your life and live through it.  This is throwing yourself at the ground and missing for sure....nothing seems to go right...but his attitude is positive, somehow, and his faith is still strong. Or so it appeared. I don't know if I could act this way even if on camera... should these types of events happen to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment