Thursday, May 9, 2013

People in this State make me laugh!

I live in a bilingual state where 43% of the population is hispanic. Even with this being true, there are many, many here that are not bilingual. This is a make believe account of something that happened at work to a man that I found hilarious. To give a little background before hand, there is an ugly expression used "pinche maricon" which literally translates to "f..#..g faggot". The story goes as follows:

I don't speak Spanish, but everyone at my work does. They have a nickname for me that I would like translated.
They always call me "Merry Cone", whatever that means. Sometimes it is "Peachy Merry Cone". I tell them I prefer the flavor orange and they just laugh at me. I think it must be some kind of ice cream maybe they have in Mexico that they do not have here. I am just glad that whatever it means, it makes everyone happy and laugh.

I guess being simple is a handicap for some people!

No comments:

Post a Comment