Sunday, May 26, 2013

The "Way-Back" Attic

I remember, as a kid, seeing this commercial and immediately asking Santa for this miracle of modern technology. I thought, "Wow..voice recognition!" only to be disappointed to learn it was only a piece of thin metal that would blow back to turn the robot on with the air from your voice. This feature did not stay sensitive for more than a couple of days and eventually having to blow hard enough to put out a campfire. I was greatly disappointed that the fighter jets and tanks did not come with the toy as well. Nonetheless, was a happy and satisfied Christmas receiver that year and my friends were fascinated. Sadly, the robot quit working one day but only after already losing all my bombs to throw and rockets to launch...one of which feel victim to the dog that thought it was a chew toy. I am well pleased though to see what REAL technology can do in my lifetime. To see and remember this old commercial, brought back many memories and a smile to my face and thought I would share it with you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment